Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette

I was lucky to get the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette for my birthday and knew I just had to share it with you all!






First off, how beautiful are the shades?! *swoon*

I have been using this non-stop since receiving it for my birthday at the beginning of April. I love how versatile the palette is and that I have nothing like the shades in any of my other palettes! Plus this has been perfect for my chocolate fix as I've been trying to stay away from chocolatey things!

This is perfect for summer in my opinion with the gold/orange toned shades with also the pinky shades and the darker shades for switching up a look from day to evening with just a flick of a brush. 


PACKAGING

Okay, the packaging isn't amazing. It feels sturdy but it is only cardboard but I guess that is reflected in the price (I'll get onto that in a minute!). I do wish there was a mirror in this palette but that's just personal preference. The packaging does feel cheap as I've said, and I've already noted a few dents in the exterior from taking this from home back to university in my make up bag. Luckily the shadows are still in tact, if they hadn't I would have not been happy. But overall the packaging is okay, not amazing but the packaging isn't the be all and end all of a good product.


EYESHADOWS

Onto the eyeshadows themselves. I have never tried Zoeva make up before, only their brushes, but knowing how much people rave about them I was excited to try these. I find these are super soft and well pigmented. As with most palettes there are hit and misses and I find when swatching with my fingers the darker shades don't give that much pay out but when I'm using a brush they are fine. All the colours blend really easily and have a long staying power when using a good eyeshadow primer! The one shade that actually surprised me was the cranberry-esque shade in the middle called "Warm Notes", I was expecting this to be really pink and transfer to the eye as it looks in pan but on me this a burnt orange colour, which I love but I was expecting a darker toned cranberry! Apart from that I am super impressed with all the shadows. I haven't had a chance to try them all out but from the ones I have I am seriously impressed! My current go to eye look is "Warm Notes" blended in the crease with "Freshly Toasted" (the warm matte brown colour) in the outer corner and then "Sweeter End" (the shimmery baby pink colour) all over the lid, with some black eyeliner and a load of bronzer and highlighter I feel like a bronzed goddess ready for summer!


PRICE

I couldn't talk about this palette without talking about the price. Zoeva isn't currently readily available in the UK, but you can pick it up off Beauty Bay  for the super affordable price of £18.00, I do know they have raised the prices of these recently from around £15 but in my opinion £18 is still really affordable for the quality of eyeshadows you are getting! Even most palettes from the high street still want £14 and most are nowhere near as good quality of these. I have already started looking at the other palettes and have my eye on the Rose Golden Palette and the Naturally Yours Palette!


Have you tried any of the Zoeva palettes? What were your thoughts?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...