Becca X Jaclyn Hill Skin Perfector Pressed Champagne Pop


Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Champagne Pop

A creamy powder luminizer that absorbs and reflects light for a superb natural glow.




I recently treated myself to this beauty. I have a couple of highlighters and after asking my friend Jess (YouTube here and Blog here) if it was worth the money and hype I quickly picked one up and I haven't looked back.

When I first swatched this I was slightly worried it would give the 'disco ball' face look, don't get me wrong sometimes I'm all about the in-your-face-shimmer look but for everyday wear I like a more subtle highlight. This did not disappoint though. Don't get me wrong it did take a while to 'perfect' the application but isn't that the same whenever you get a new make up product? Anyway, the highlighter is very subtle and can be easily built up but can just as easily be blended out for more everyday wear. (I personally use a stippling brush to blend this into my skin for a flawless glow)

With the right brush, I can apply this really subtly onto the top of my cheekbones and it gives a beautiful iridescent glow. I have quite a variety of highlighters, from gold toner to white toned but this is my favourite as it just looks so natural (as natural as a highlighter can look, if that makes any sense?!) especially with a really nice bronzed eye look and lots of bronzer its a complete winner.

The formulation is so soft, like indescribably soft. I feel if I dropped this it would easily smash. Luckily the packaging is really sturdy. I'm not the biggest fan of the rubberised texture on the packaging as make up and dirt clings to it really easily but it is sturdy and really does protect the product. Personally I can see past the packaging 'prettiness' when it actually does a really good job of protecting the product, especially when it's not the cheapest thing to replace!

I am in love with this highlighter. It's definitely become my 'go to highlighter' whether that be for a day to day glow or a full on disco ball effect for nights out (come on, we all do it!). I am intrigued by the other pressed shimmering skin perfectors by Becca but right now I feel like I am all set with this one as it just perfect for all occasions and looks great no matter what make up look I'm wearing. 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...