Review | Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara









Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara


"No lash can escape! Scandalous volume, no clumps!"


















Packaging
I personally quite like the packaging of this, so many mascaras in my collection have basic black packaging so when I see a bright orange I am drawn to it - even though at the same time it does look quite cheap. It's chunky packaging so easy to hold and is able to stand on it own. However, when on its side it does roll around a bit so can be a pain when doing your make up. 

The Wand
I seem to get on quite well with big brushed mascaras. This is no different, its wand is very large which a lot of people don't like but I get quite good results with it I think it's one of those mascara you have to work with and find a way of working with it that works for you. However, I do find it can make my eyes lashes look clumped quite easily. It also produces a lot of excess mascara which you have to wipe off.

The Formula
The formula is workable. I find it is wet enough to put on the lashes and work with if clumps do arise but it does sometimes take a while to dry or can transfer on to my eye lid. I do like the fact you can work with the formula quite a bit and is easy to remove without irritation with some make up remover. 


The Effect
As I have said in the past I have long eye lashes anyway so don't really look for mascaras that lengthen but more so for those that cause volume. For me it does lengthen my lashes a bit and it also adds quite a bit of volume too. But like many mascaras you can only really notice after the second coat of mascara.

Summary
This mascara is one that I like, however, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for anyone who doesn't get on with big, thick brushes. It currently retails for £6.99 at Boots. I don't think I would necessarily repurchase this mascara as I think there are better ones available in the drugstore for the same sort of price.

Have you tried this mascara?
What did you think of it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...