Top Thursday Reads! #1

I thought today I'd try something different, a bit of a more weekly post. I thought this way at least I know I'll have at least one post out there for you lovely followers to read. I have decided to write a weekly book review or my opinions on a book I have read (for obvious reasons not in that past week, I could but I just don't have the time anymore!). So I would love your feedback about this idea.

One Day by David Nicholls


This weeks book is One Day, now I know many people have seen this film (and thought it was quite bad, I actually quite enjoyed it!) but haven't read the book. I originally saw the film and loved it so had to get the book as it could only really get better in my opinion.

If you haven't seen the film or read the book I won't try to spoil it too much for you. But basically each chapter is set in a different year but always on the same date, 15th July. Each chapter shows what these two people, Emma and Dexter, are up to on this day each year. It kind of jumps back in the book to the past at each chapter but this happens towards the middle of the book, I didn't think it was too confusing though. It sounds quite boring at first but it's a typical romance novel with a twist, which I won't ruin for you all.

Basically, Emma and Dexter spend their graduation night together but go there separate ways the next day. They are both completely different, Emma a hard working person whose trying to succeed as a writer and Dexter this guy who is basically the life of the party. Each chapter basically shows how their lives have changed and differ through the years and also how they have stayed in touch. I like the fact the author shows it from both their sides of view say when they meet up, it really gets you thinking.

I think this book is for anyone who loves a good romance with a twist of drama novel or who has seen the film, I think it's so much better then the film and explains details in which the film misses out. I have never read any other books by the author but after reading this I really like his style of writing and am looking forward to having a browse through his other books.

I hope you enjoyed this type of post from me, I know it's not typically beauty related but it's nice to sit down and just write about something you really liked or enjoyed that isn't make-up or beauty related.

Have you read this book? What did you think of it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...