My Travel Make Up Bag

As I am back at university I find more use for a travel make up bag then any other time of the year (hence why I haven't done a travel make up bag post in years!). I go home in a week for about five days so need a good make up selection and I also use it if I go and stay at one of my friends houses for the night (like the night we watched the GBBO Final and Dirty Dancing and ate loads and loads of good food!). So as I have actually found a need for a travel make up bag I thought I would share what I have in it.


My actual Make Up Bag is very boring as I recently threw loads of my pretty ones away as lots of them were way too small or really grubby and covered in make up. I picked up this clear one from Superdrug, anywhere pretty much sells these type of make up bags but I love these as they fit everything I need to but are also quite compact and can easily fit into a suitcase or in an overnight bag (some make up bags I find are really weird shapes and take up too much room when travelling, hence why I opt for the ones that are more practical than pretty!). I actually manage to fit quite a bit into this bag so lets move onto the actual products!

For my base what I take depends on what I am loving at the time I am going away. At the moment this includes the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer as it is so light and works with literally any foundation including a favourite of mine the L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Matte which doesn't cling to dry patches and gives such a flawless finish without looking too matte. For concealer I've been loving the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer as it adds the perfect amount of coverage whilst also being quite brightening. To add all of this I love the Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot Powder which is great for touching up throughout the day as well as a setting powder without looking too cakey. Another product which is for my base is my loved Maybelline Master Sculpt I don't use the highlight in this duo as I find it too much for everyday use but the contour powder is amazing! This goes everywhere with me and I sometimes do use it as a bronzer if I'm not in the mood to contour. 

Now onto eyes! I feel completely naked without putting eyeshadow on when I'm wearing makeup even if its just one sweep of colour. Its really difficult for me to decide which eyeshadow to take with me as I have quite a few of different palettes and single eyeshadows (*cough* All the Urban Decay Naked Palettes and a MAC Eyeshadow Palette *cough*) but I usually opt for my Stila In The Light palette which is very much a loved piece in my collection, it was actually given to me by my friend Jess (she has her own YouTube channel and she has a vlog channel too! If you check it out make sure to say Paige sent you!) for my 18th birthday and I love it. It has such a good range of shades that work for any occasion so is great for travelling and its quite flat too which definitely helps! It may seem a bit excessive to have two eyeshadow palettes in My Travel Make Up Bag but I need the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette as it contains such versatile shades. I use Venus (the highlighter shade) on my brow bones and the inner corner of my eye, I use Naked 2 (the most used colour) in my brows sometimes and I use Walk of Shame and Foxy (the two middle colours/light pink and yellow shadow) to act as a transition shade if I'm doing a smokey eye and to just blend my eyeshadow out in general. See I do need two eyeshadow palettes. Plus the mirror in the UD Naked Basics palette is really good for on the go.

I keep my eye products quite simple when I'm travelling, I can handle not having too much variety especially if I know it will only be a couple of days (usually it means I can then justify buying more make up) I always take my Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curlers, they are the best I've ever used (the No 7 ones are a good dupe though!) and make my eyelashes look amazing along with the Maybelline Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara. I also have been loving the L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim eyeliner as it is a felt tip but enables full control to get a thin line or a thick eyeliner look and allows me to get the perfect flick (as of yet it hasn't dried up on me and I've had it for nearly two months!). To make sure nothing fades on my eyes I love the NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (review here). For my brows if I don't fill them in with eyeshadow I use the Soap & Glory Brow Archery in Hot Chocolate which is great and can really create dramatic eyebrows. 

Lipsticks are the thing I take the most of when I travel because, well, a girl needs choices! I love the Maybelline Color Sensational in Velvet Beige as a nude option as it is the perfect shade for me and can be worn day and night. I am loving peachy lips at the minute and using Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon to achieve a beautiful everyday lip. For a dark lip, which again I wear both day and night, I opt for the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Raplumzel as its a balm it can be made quite sheer for a lovely cherry look on the lips or really built up to create a beautiful plum colour which is perfect for the colder days.

So that's all I keep in My Travel Make Up Bag and will be what I'll be taking home with me at the end of October. I really enjoyed writing these posts it means I can ramble on (yeah, sorry about that!). I may be doing a post showing you what's in my travel wash bag soon as well so make sure to keep an eye for that! In the meantime make sure to check out all of my other posts as there is something for everyone, from lifestyle, beauty and to all things university related!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...